W.R. Case & Sons Cutlery Company is an American manufacturer of premium, hand-crafted knives that are passed down for generations. Based in Bradford, PA, Case’s offerings include a wide variety of knives that fit virtually any need, from convenient folding pocketknives and fixed blade sporting knives to limited edition commemoratives and collectibles.
The company’s rich history began in 1889 when William Russell (“W.R.”), Jean, John, and Andrew Case began fashioning their knives and selling them along a wagon trail in upstate New York. A unique tang stamp dating system used since the very early days of its history has cemented the Case brand as one of the most recognized and valuable collectibles in the industry. Today the Case Company is owned by Zippo Manufacturing, another family-owned business based in Bradford.
In 2007, Case celebrated the 160th anniversary since the birth of W.R. Case, the first man to serve as President of the Company. His guidance was critical in stabilizing the company’s early finances while building the company’s reputation as a dependable producer of high-quality products.
Today, Case credits its associates with maintaining its industry position by blending innovative design with an inexhaustible array of materials. Case’s pioneering spirit is shown in several of its original knife patterns, like the CopperLock®, Baby Butterbean®, Sod Buster®, XX-Changer®, Baby Doc, Tiny Trapper, and the all-new Hunter Trapper, Tiny Muskrat, and Jr. Scout.
Case’s commitment to quality is evident in the 125 pairs of hands it takes to create one knife. Artisans shape handles from rare Brazilian cattle bone and Buffalo horn to more delicate substances like rosewood, mother-of-pearl, and stag. Metals like brass, nickel, and silver highlight each form, bringing together a knife that’s not only beautiful, but one that will stand the tests of time and use.
Some things that makes Case Knives different:
1. Made In The U.S.A - Since 1889 every Case Knife is made with pride in the United States.
2. Hand-Crafted - Every knife is hand crafted by the most skilled artisans and cutlers in the business.
3. 160 steps - Each knife takes over 160 manufacturing processes to complete.
4. Tradition - Case knives are cherished possessions passed down through generations and hand crafted to stand the test of time.
5. Tested XX - The Tested XX is a symbol of Case's commitment to quality which can be traced back to the early days of Case when blades were tempered and tested not just once (X), but twice (XX).
6. Collectable - The 18,000 members of the Case Collectors Club can attest to the fact that Case knives are the most collected knives in the world.
7. Natural Handles - Case stretches to the far corners of the earth to find the finest natural handle materials available.
8. Premium Knives - Case is dedicated to making the everyday tool into a valuable treasure for discerning men who want more than just a knife.
9. Experience - Case has been making pocketknives since 1889. With over a century of experience, we know how to make a premium pocket knife.
There are no products in this section